Saturday, December 28, 2013

Miracle 69: Christmas Cookies

This lovely miracle is from a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints living in Las Vegas. His mission miracles are inspiring.


It was Christmas of 1994. Two months before the end of my mission! I was transferred into a new area a week before Christmas. My companion had health problems so he was sick in bed! I had an idea-while he was sick, I made some cookies! He said, "Wow, wouldn't it be a great idea if we made cookies and gave them to the people in the neighborhood?" 

So, we went to the small store by our house since we couldn't travel too far because he was sick. And surprisingly, we got everything we needed! After I baked all day, my companion asked for a blessing so he could be well the next day to pass them out! The next day, because of this elder's great faith, he felt better! We went to our neighbors and passed out the Christmas cookies singing Christmas carols! One neighbor enjoyed our singing and asked to hear more! We sang to her family I Am a Child of God! Since that hymn was the only one we both knew without a hymn book! I didn't notice after we finished that tears were in the sister's eyes because the song had touched her heart! The great words of the song told her God had sent us there! She asked us to come back and we ended up teaching her family! We gave her a Book of Mormon and sang to them a new song the next two visits because she loved music! I was then asked by the mission president after Christmas who I would like to serve with my last month on the mission! I'm so happy I chose was that same faithful elder. I learned the message of music works wonders!  


There can be miracles when you believe in God.


Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment