Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Miracle 60: Going on a Mission

This darling miracle is from an equally darling sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in Jacksonville, Florida.


The greatest miracle of all started when I knew I needed to go on a mission. I never wanted to go on a mission. I was scared of the unknown and was not sure I could do it. Finally, I put all of my faith and trust in the Lord and because of that I am on a mission. While being on a mission I have been faced with a lot of trials. I have had a lot of opportunities to grow and see who I can become. I have learned to rely on the Lord, to really get on my knees and pray to Him, and let him make my burdens light. I have learned the importance of the Priesthood and how real it is. I have received many Priesthood blessings while being on a mission and it has truly showed me the power that is has through our faith. There are many times that I have wanted to give up and go home, but as I pondered how I would feel if I gave into Satan it made me stay on my mission. It made me have a stronger desire to overcome my trials and show him that I will not give up because the Lord and this gospel means more to me. It taught me to show Heavenly Father how much I love him and how much He means to me. Heavenly Father has carried me through so many of my trials. The best way I can attempt to pay him back is by serving Him. But once you try to pay Him back he always finds a way to bless you even more.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment