Friday, December 6, 2013

Miracle 43: "God Heard My Prayer"


This 2 in 1 miracle is from a college student living in Utah. He served his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Jacksonville, Florida as well!

 
Last Wednesday I was in Colorado with a mission friend for Thanksgiving. We decided that we'd do a study together in the morning for our daily scripture study. I started the study with prayer and asked that God would again give us a witness of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. That Sunday, which was this last Sunday (12-1-13) my friend Michael stood to give his testimony. While listening to the spirit testify of his words I was prompted to pick up my scriptures. I held the Book of Mormon I took on my LDS mission. Without opening it at all, I felt the Holy Ghost manifest the truth of the Book of Mormon to me. I then walked to pulpit and testified of its truth. I was and am thankful for that. We left for Utah that day after a nice dinner. A friend asked if I could pick her up from Salt Lake City airport. I thought this is the opportunity to serve one of Gods children that I had been praying for. Of course I said yes. With a 45 minute drive in front of me, I remembered my tires were so bold that I could see the inner lining of the tire. Still having a strong desire to serve, I prayed asking Eternal Father if He'd get me to the airport safely. I ended my prayer in Jesus Christ's name. Twenty minutes later without saying a word to one of my friends, he turns to me and asks, "Do you want to take this car to pick your friend up...that way you won't have to worry about your tires?" Oh the joy I felt as I immediately recognized that the Lord had heard my prayer and answered the desires of my heart. I was able to pick up my friend and she was very thankful. Heavenly Father loves his children and if we desire he will allow us to serve n His kingdom and receive a strong spiritual witness of his existence. I know He lives and loves us. This knowledge has changed my life forever. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment