Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Miracle 65: Personal Answer to Prayer

This incredible miracle is from a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in Jacksonville, Florida with us! He is a powerful missionary and truly knows how to communicate with His Heavenly Father. We love it! Merry Christmas!


Now this miracle isn't a recent one but is one that took place a couple years ago. And is about how I truly saw God's hand in not just my life, but those around me. I was about 16 years old and the day was just like any other school day. But things changed that afternoon when my father picked me up from school. On the way home he started tearing up and told me that my sister had just been diagnosed with cancer- a brain tumor. Everything happened so fast. She was living out of the state at the time and was instantly life-flighted into Spokane for surgery. I remember that day very well. At the time I had never truly gone to Heavenly Father for a specific thing before, but this was the time that that was going to change. I felt like I needed to do something but just didn't now what. There wasn't anything physically that I could do so I turn to what mattered most and went to Heavenly Father in prayer. I prayer for my sister that everything would turn out well and that it would be Heavenly Father's will that would be done. And of course Heavenly Father played a role beyond measure that night. He saved my sister. The doctors couldn't believe it and were astonished that she pulled through the surgery as well as she did. Since that day the cancer is completely gone and hasn't come back. I know that there were many others that were praying for her, and the Priesthood Blessing that she received played a huge role in it, but I felt like Heavenly Father personally answered my prayer that day. It is something that I will never forget. I know that Heavenly Father lives and that He does care about us and loves us. I know that the power of prayer is real, no matter how small or big it might be. I know that as we go to Him in prayer with faith that He is there and is listening. He will answer us. I am grateful for all that He does for us and look forward to the day when I will be able to see him again.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.   


No comments:

Post a Comment