Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Miracle 51: In An Instant

This is Sister Heckel posting today and this miracle comes from a man very near and dear to my heart, all the way across the country in Vancouver, WA. This miracle changed his whole life! 


My wife and I were married in September of 2009. She was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but I wasn't. Being a very spiritual person I went to church with her occasionally. While there, I could feel the spirit and was amazed by the friendship and family values that were very strong in the church.In October of 2010 we were going out for a walk, but were delayed by a number of things. We almost didn't go, but then decided to just make it a short walk. When we got to the gate we saw three young men riding by on bicycles. My wife knew they were missionaries from the church, but I didn't. We talked for awhile and she told them if they would give a lesson on family home evening that she would feed them dinner. They came over and we had a wonderful evening. They asked me if I would read the Book of Mormon and pray to know that it was true. I agreed. They visited at least once a week for about 7-months. I had many questions and they had more answers. I read and prayed and pondered the Book of Mormon. They fasted with us that I would find that it was true. I started to believe when I realized that the Book of Mormon was translated by a boy with a 4th grade education in about 90 days. I still didn't feel the spirit until one night we were on our way to dinner and I announced that I wanted to be baptized. My wife and the other people in the car were totally blown away. It's incredible how, in an instant, everything came together and I realized all the things that the missionaries and other members had been teaching me were true. I was baptized and confirmed about a month later. At he same time the spirit guided me to change jobs after 19 years at the same place of employment and my income increased by 50%. I know that it was a blessing from our Heavenly Father. I can't say that everyone who's baptized will receive that type of blessing, but I can guarantee that they will be blessed if they keep the covenants and endure to the end. That's my story condensed for everyone who wants to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored church of Jesus Christ and that the Book of Mormon is true. I pass this information on in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen 


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment