Friday, December 6, 2013

Miracle 44: Simple Tender Mercies

This darling sister missionary is someone I adore with my whole heart. She's from Utah and has been our serving here in Jacksonville for 3 months.


Mine is a small miracle, maybe more of a tender mercy. Some might say it was just good timing or a coincidence. But for me, I know it was a little miracle, just for me.

It was a very cold, and rainy day in Orem, Utah. The sky was dark and gloomy, the rain was coming down hard. I had worked a long 14 hour shift the day before and was just finishing up my classes for the day. I was exhausted. As I was headed outside to walk bake to my apartment form campus it started to rain even harder as the drops slowly turned to hail. I didn’t want to walk home in this weather! I was so tired, school had been long and very difficult that day. I got a little weepy as I do when I’m over tired, as the first tear fell my phone rang. It was my mom. She said that she had been thinking of me and missed me so she drove down to visit. I was so excited! She came and found me, took me to a nice dinner and had a great time laughing and joking. It was just what I needed. My Heavenly Father knew I was having a rough day so he sent an angel to lift my spirits. My mom had no idea I was so tired and on the brink of tears when she called, she had no idea that I so hoped for someone to get me a ride home so I didn’t have to walk in the horrible weather, but God did. He knows us, He loves us and He watches over us. God places people in our lives to be his helping hands, to get us the hug we need, right when we need it. I’m grateful for his love for all of us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  



No comments:

Post a Comment