Saturday, December 7, 2013

Miracle 46: Not One, But Two

This inspiring miracle is from a Mormon mom living in Jacksonville. I love it a little extra. Enjoy!


This is the story of how Heavenly Father blessed my family. My mother and father were very eager to start a family when they first were married in 1980. They had dreams of having a large family. But sad news soon followed. After months of trying to get pregnant, they discovered that because of medical reasons my mother had to have her ovaries removed. She was left with only a quarter of an ovary. Doctors told them they would never be able to have children. They were devastated. Their dreams of having a biological family were shattered. My mother took this news especially hard. She remembers watching the news and hearing of mothers abandoning their children and of one particular mother who threw her newborn baby in the dumpster. She remembers praying to God to have someone leave a baby in her garbage can and then feeling angry that she would never have children. She soon repented. After much prayer and time had passed, my father and mother resigned themselves to the fact that biological children would never enter their home.

In 1984, they were getting ready to travel to Mexico with the hopes of starting their journey toward adoption. Right before their trip my mother was feeling ill and went to a clinic for a checkup. The nurse walked out with the results of the tests they had done. She then very coldly told my mom that she was pregnant and asked if she wanted to keep the baby. My mother and father were astonished! This was the answer to their many prayers for four long years! And, of course, they were going to keep the baby Heavenly Father had sent them. They knew that a miracle had just happened. They walked out of that doctor’s office feeling happier than they had ever been before. And the miracles did not stop then. Several months later my mother’s doctor kept noticing she was gaining more weight than she should have been gaining at that point in her pregnancy. The doctor was concerned. After an ultrasound they found out Heavenly Father was not only blessing them with one miracle but with two! My twin sister and I were born in April of 1985.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment