Friday, December 13, 2013

Miracle 55: In The Fast Lane

This lovely miracle is from a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints living in Kingsland, Georgia. She's is quite the crafty woman, and I adore her kind soul with my whole heart. 


I have several miracles that have been major things in my life and miracles that happen every day (aka-blessings). People expect that a miracle has to be a large happening in their life. That is not always the case. I count my every day blessings in life as small miracles because God and Jesus Christ choose to be a part of my life if I accept them as part of mine.

I have a miracle that was rather big in my life that I will share with you. In October of 1989 I was planning a trip to the Temple in Atlanta from Macon, Georgia. I first had to find a way there because my car had broke down. My Bishop let me use his car and him and his wife watched my children. I was in the Atlanta area on I-75 driving in the far left lane, going about 70 MPH (according to the speedometer) and the interstate had three lanes to drive in. I was driving and suddenly I heard this voice (mind you-I was alone); I thought that maybe I was imagining the voice so I kept driving. Again I heard a voice and it was more clear this time--it told me to get over in to the far right lane. It was not an easy task in Atlanta traffic--many, many cars were coming by me very fast. When I heard this voice speak the second time I looked and amazingly the traffic opened up to let me through to the far right lane. I had to slow down in order to get over and by the time I had reached the right lane I was going much slower than I had been. As soon as I got into the right lane I had a tire blowout and I was able to move smoothly into the emergency lane. That could be the end of the story but it is not. When I returned home I told the Bishop what had happened and later that week he found out that his car was displaying the speedometer wrong instead of the 70 that I thought I was going, I was going 80. Had I had the blowout at that speed there could have been many people hurt or killed. My Heavenly Father was watching over me that day and I was in the right place to hear the Holy Ghost warn me to get over. I am thankful for that affirmation that living the gospel can cause great things to come to pass.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.   


No comments:

Post a Comment