Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Miracle 59: Dear Human Friend, God Loves You.

This is Sister Hutchins posting today and this simple, but incredible miracle is written by a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that I love with my whole heart. She is currently serving in Jacksonville, Florida very close to me!


To be honest, I see miracles in my life everyday. When I really stop and think about how God has extended
His hand of mercy and love to me through what we call miracles, I think of this particular incident.
I was going to school at Brigham Young University-Idaho. It was my first time living away from home and I didn’t feel very at home where I was living. To me, home was still 1,000 miles away in California. I was living in an apartment with 5 other girls, none of which I met prior to the day I moved in. I was away from friends and family. I just felt very alone. I found myself on the upper balcony of a building on campus.
I was overwhelmed and I did something I hadn’t done in a very long time…I began to sob. After crying until my eyes couldn’t cry any more, I heard footsteps coming towards me. The next thing I knew there was an arm around draped around me, comforting me. It was a couple that for some reason decided to walk through the that building when they found me. I’ll never forget their names even though I had never met them before or seen them since. They hugged me and gave me a balloon that had a note inside that said “Dear human friend, Smile. God loves you and so do we.” This wonderful couple was a miracle sent to me in a time of need. God answers prayers and reaches His hand out to bless us through small and simple, yet life changing, miracles.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment