Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Miracle 49: Living Worthy of Divine Help

This lovely miracle is from a young woman I admire more and more with each passing day. She has a heart of gold and is changing the world on her mission.


Anyone can experience a miracle. But sometimes, we have to qualify ourselves for a miracle. When I was in high school, I took an ACT prep course so that I could do well on that college entrance standardized exam. I wanted to do well on the test so that I would get into my desired colleges and be able to get scholarships.
 

So I took the prep course and steadily improved my scores throughout it. The class finished on a Friday morning and the real exam was that next Saturday morning. I went out with friends that Friday night to have a good time before I would have to focus and take the test. That night, I did not follow the youth standards that had been set by my church and our prophet, and that I had committed to live by. I didn't think anything of it that night, but the next morning, I prayed for help on the exam...and I did horrible. I couldn't focus, couldn't remember the strategies I had learned, ran out of time, and gave up. I was so frustrated with myself for taking for granted the power of God's miracles. 

The next time I took the ACT a month later, I had repented and resolved to not let the adversary lead my life ever again. I had humbled myself before God as I should have done long before. I studied my scriptures more diligently and prayed more fervently the weeks leading up to the exam. I fasted that Sunday in preparation for that exam. I went to bed early the night before. When it came time to take the ACT, I said one last prayer and got to work.


And God worked a miracle. I know that for a fact. I received a near perfect overall score on the ACT, scoring 100% in some sections of the test. I had never before done even close to as well as I did. As I qualified myself for divine help, God granted me a miracle as I trusted and had faith in Him.
This miracle God blessed me with allowed me to attend my desired college with a 4-year full-tuition scholarship...a blessing that continues to bring forth more good fruits as my life continues.



There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment