Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Miracle 8 & 9: Family Miracles

My cute father has two miracles to share with the world!

Miracle 8:

Our family has a listing of what we call the 10 miracles. One of those occurred on a winter’s night about 25 years ago.  My wife had bronchitis and was taking cough medicine to suppress the cough so she could sleep.  At 2:30am, she had gotten up to take another dose.  I am a sound sleeper and if I can fall asleep ahead of my wife, I will sleep soundly until 4am when I am more susceptible to noise.  On this early morning, I was awakened with a vivid picture in my mind of a sharp steak knife plunging through my wife’s hand!  Immediately, I yelled to Charlotte to “put the knife down now.”  My wife came to the bedroom to ask how I knew she had a knife in her hand.  I told her the picture I had seen in my mind.  She did have a steak knife in her hand trying to pry one of those “depress and turn” prescription lids off which was sticky with cough syrup.  The Holy Ghost does speak to us and put impressions in our minds!


Miracle 9:

After returning from my two year LDS mission, I eventually began asking Heavenly Father each day whom I should marry.  At the time, I was spending time with three wonderful women who I could have been very happy marrying.  One was a returned missionary who served with me in my mission in Oregon, another was a girl I dated while living in New Jersey during my senior year of high school (she had a fantastic mother) and Charlotte - the girl I married, whom I dated during my junior year of high school.  At the time, I liked all three girls, but none of them seemed to be the right one.  I now know that two of them were praying about me as a possible husband.  One night in late November, while studying for a college mid-term with Charlotte, I was listening to her talk about a subject when the Holy Ghost overcame me.  The feeling started in my heart and soon filled my body.  I knew the prompting of the spirit and I could not doubt His message.  I could not speak.  Tears filled my eyes as I gazed at Charlotte.  She asked me if I was okay.  For a time, I tried to say something, but could not.  I finally got my composure and told her that we needed to spend more time together.  We were engaged 10 days later.  From that moment on, I knew Charlotte was the one I was to marry.  Moral of the story – expect an answer to your prayers.  Keep asking for guidance.  I talked with Heavenly Father about marriage in my daily prayers.  I asked for guidance and to know who I should marry.  Heavenly Father waited to answer my prayers until the time was right for me.  Everything fell into place after that.  I have a testimony that prayers are answered.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.


Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins. I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment