Monday, November 11, 2013

Miracle 13: Change of Heart

Definitely a powerful miracle that needs to be shared with the world. The wisdom this dear friend has to share is inspiring.


I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who is so eager to love and bless us and show that love to us in very real and significant ways. My miracle begins sometime in 2003. At this point in my life I was between my junior and senior year of high school and everything was going great until one thing led to another and my world was completely rocked. Without disclosing too much personal information that could be hurtful to my loved ones if divulged, my family was betrayed and deeply hurt. I did not know where to turn, or who to turn to because everyone in my family was struggling as I was. I found great solace and love from my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ during this time, and that in and of itself became a series of many incredible miracles in my life.


The miracle I would like to tell about however is one of healing and forgiving others. A little more than a year later the initial dust had settled from the hurt that had been so catastrophic in my teenage life. At this point I was getting ready to leave on a proselyting mission for my church and escape from the drama that had surrounded me for the previous year or so. Not long after getting to Chile where I would serve my mission I received news that this person who had hurt my family so deeply had come back into our lives and was in the picture to stay. I was crushed. I felt great anger, bitterness, distrust, rage and frustration. I could not believe this was happening and all of the healing and progress that had taken place in my life since then seemed to be undone in that very moment. I was at a loss as to what to do. A few days after receiving this news I was contemplating the situation during my scripture study and out of nowhere received very clear, divine inspiration as to what I was supposed to do. A specific scripture came to my mind as clear as day and I knew my Heavenly Father was reaching out and helping me know what I must do. The scripture was Doctrine and Covenants 64:10 which says, “I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.” Without a shadow of a doubt I knew that God was calling me to repentance, that I needed to let go of my hurt and bitterness and that I must learn to truly forgive this person who had caused my family such grief and pain. I was at a complete loss, how could I ever rid myself of these terrible feelings for another who had wronged me and forgive them for what had been done?

I spent a large amount of energy over the next while seeking to better understand the value of each of God’s children, His love for each of us, and this command to forgive all. During this time I offered many heartfelt prayers, pleading with my God to help me learn forgiveness and allowing me to heal from this terrible heartache. While it did not come immediately, with time and great effort, I was able to find peace in my heart and feel that I have fully forgiven this person in my life. Since that time I have had the chance to get to know this person on a very personal basis. We have established a very pleasant and now welcome relationship of trust and love and I no longer harbor feelings of bitterness and resentment towards them. This is a huge miracle in my life brought about by the power and mercy of a loving Father in Heaven and my Savior, without whom I could have never had such a change of heart in my life. The power of God is real. Through His great love, through His help and the strength and grace our Savior offers us, incredible things, even miraculous things, can come to pass in our lives or anyone else’s if we will but trust Them and sincerely seek Their help.

There can be miracles when we believe in God.


Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins. I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment