Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Miracle 26: Saved By a Quarter Inch

I personally am oh so grateful for this miracle. Without it, my darling fam bam wouldn't be here. Here's a miracle from my father.

During the summer of 1968 before entering 4th grade, I had many friends in my south San Jose neighborhood.  On this warm, week-day morning, I rode my bike a couple of blocks away to play with one friend who had two dogs - one was a pregnant German Sheppard.  We were on the front porch playing and the pregnant dog was with us.  I remember wrestling with my friend and having the dog at my eye level.  You need to know that I was not a dog person then (or now), so I was not comfortable around big dogs.  We started petting her and I made a quick move toward her as if to hug her.  She growled and I then began to recoil backward in fear.  Because I was a stranger and I moved too quickly I suppose, she reached out bit my exposed neck!  I now had puncture wounds across my throat.  I was scared and probably in shock.  My friend offered to get his mother, but I said I needed to go home.  I had blood on my neck and on my t-shirt.  I rode the long two blocks home, which may have been just 600 yards.  I was scared, probably crying and had no idea what just happened.  Upon reaching home and dropping my bike on the front sidewalk, my mom heard my shouts as I ran into the house and nearly fainted when she saw my punctured neck and t-shirt with blood on it.  She immediately drove me to the doctor.  I don’t remember much of the car ride or receiving stitches in 3 places on my neck, but what I do remember was the Doctor telling my Mom that I was lucky to be alive.  Another quarter inch one way would have punctured a vein.  The trickle of blood may have been a flow that could have been an early end to my life.  Certainly, a tender mercy from Heavenly Father when you consider I needed stitches in several places on my neck.  I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who watched over me that day.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment