Friday, February 7, 2014

Miracle 97: A Fasting Miracle

This miracle is from a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who actually serves his mission in Jacksonville as well, but he is a Spanish speaking missionary. I love being able to share them in different languages! Miracles are happening all over the place.


One Saturday night, I found myself very worried about how something was going to turn out during the week. The thought occurred that I could fast for it, but I had a problem: I had visits to make after church services, so if I chose to fast, I wouldn't eat for over 24 hours. But, the impression to fast stayed, so I did so, praying that God would provide something for me. The next day, I felt more energized than I usually feel when I don't fast. As the day progressed, I still couldn't find any way to eat anything, but I felt a calm assurance that everything would be alright. Then, as church ended, I met up with the member I was going to make visits with. To my surprise, he told me that his wife had made sandwiches for us to eat since we were going to be busy during dinner. This miracle is very simple, but I was grateful all the same.


Un Sabado por la noche, me encontraba bien preocupado por algo que iba a pasar en la semana que venia. Se me occurrio ayunar, pero esto presento una problema: yo tenia que hacer algunas visitas despues de los servicios de la iglesia. Entonces, si yo ayunara, no podria comer por mas de 24 horas. Pero, la impresion se quedo en mi mente, entonces empece mi ayuno, pidiendole a Dios que me proporcionara algo. El dia siguiente, me sentia como tenia mas energia que yo suelo tener al no ayunar. Al pasar el dia, yo no encontre una oportunidad de comer, pero yo sentia una aseguranza de que todo saldria bien. Entonces, despues de terminar los servicios, me acerque con el hombre con que yo iba a hacer las visitas. El me sorprendio al decirme que su esposa nos habia hecho algunos sandwiches, ya que ibamos a estar ocupados durante la hora de la cena. Eran sandwiches bien sencillas, pero de todos modos yo estaba bien agradecido por la comida.
There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find us on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment