Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Miracle 89: No Random Thoughts

This stunning miracle is from a missionary serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is a powerful example of being an influence for good with everyone in his life. 


Our mission recently had a Zone Conference where one of the Assistant missionaries to the Mission President shared the concept of "No Random Thoughts."

The principle is this: The Holy Ghost is the best guide we can have as children of God, especially as missionaries preaching the Gospel, but we don't always follow or even recognize those subtle promptings. The message of this Assistant was that every time we have a "random" thought to do something good, it is in reality the Holy Ghost prompting us to do something. This lesson has been such a blessing to my life and to the work I am doing in my mission, but the biggest success story from following "No Random Thoughts" came from my mother. 

I e-mailed her and all of my family and told them about "No Random Thoughts," committing them all to do the same back at home. The next week, she told me this story: "I can't begin to tell you how wonderful your last letter was. I was sitting in my hotel room Monday and crying as I read it; tears of joy and gratitude, mind you, not sadness. I could feel your incredible spirit through your letter and it made me so happy to read of your full commitment to your Mission President's teaching. Thank you, by the way, for sharing that principle with us. It has impacted our lives already. On Tuesday of last week, I went to the Mesa temple. I was walking around the outside of the temple and taking pictures of the grounds, as they have a Nativity and lights set up all over. I had just finished walking around and was about to go to my car, when I had the thought to go into the visitor's center. At first I thought, "No, I need to go visit two stores and I need to get going." But the thought came to me again, and this time, the words from your letter came to me in my mind, "No random thoughts". 

I had the distinct impression that someone needed me to come into the building, so I walked in. In the foyer sat two sister missionaries and a member doing splits with them. I walked up to them and told them I was in town for work and visiting from Idaho. One of the sisters excitedly asked me which part. I told her the Meridian area and she gasped. She said, " You are an answer to my prayers!" She has a sister that lives in Meridian who has been inactive for years, but has been wanting to come back to church. She didn't know how to do it, though. She didn't want the missionaries to come and was nervous to talk to the Bishop. She had told her sister, she just really needed a friend. The sister missionary told me, "I think you're supposed to be her friend". The Spirit was unbelievable at that point, confirming this was anything but a chance meeting. We talked for a little while until an investigator came by. But I was able to friend her on Facebook and get her sister's information by then. As I walked out of the visitor's center I was overcome with emotion as my testimony of a loving Heavenly Father increased a hundred-fold! 

There are no random thoughts! The Lord is just waiting for us to listen and heed these promptings so He can bless my life as well as other's lives. I am praying that I will know how best to approach her sister and so far the impressions I'm having are through a letter. I want to convey to her that she is important enough to Heavenly Father that He would bring me to her sister as a way to reach out to her. I figure if the Lord's hand is in this, it will work out as it supposed to as long as I am obedient to the promptings of the Spirit." 

There are "No Random Thoughts," and the Lord has so many things in store for us if we will just commit to follow every prompting from the Holy Ghost.

There can be miracles when you believe in God.
 
Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment