Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Miracle 85: One Snowy Night

On a 24 hour exchange with another sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in lovely Keystone, Florida, we met a darling Christian couple walking their dogs. Here's their miracle from the wife's perspective.


I am the wife of a Christian minister. We loved to go on ministry trips to the Navejo Indian Reservation. We used to go for 13 months at a time with our two kids when they were younger. As we were born and raised in Florida, the winters on the Reservation were always an adventure in the snow. One year in particular, the weather was exceptionally bad. We were driving one night on a steep, mountain road covered in ice when we came upon a horse trailor that had jack-knifed in the middle of the road. My husband threw our car into park and jumped out to help. All I can remember was my car beginning to slide as I hoped over the consol into the driver's seat. I can still remember my kids in the back seat sitting completely unaware of the increasingly dangerous situation. I pumped the brakes and silently pleaded with God that He would keep everyone involved safe. Through the grace of God and the touch of His miraculous hand, our car stopped sliding and the horse trailor was set straight. We continued on our merry way as though nothing had happened, but I'll forever remember the love I felt from my Father in Heaven that snowy night.


There can be miracles when you believe in God.
 
Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment