Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Miracle 83: Talking in French

This darling miracle is actually from a sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that I had the privilege to serve with in Kingsland, Georgia. I am so grateful for her.


On the plane from missionary training center to the Florida Jacksonville mission, I began to be worried that when I arrived in Florida, it wouldn't feel right. That I wouldn't feel like it was where I was supposed to be at that time in my life. So I prayed and asked God to help me to know and to feel that I was supposed to be a missionary in the Florida Jacksonville mission when I arrived.

Ask and ye shall receive! I hadn't even left the airport yet, and I heard a family at the baggage terminal speaking French. Having studied French in college, I whipped around and started talking to them in French! Asking where they were from and what they were doing Florida. I was also able to tell them that I was a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints serving in Florida.

I didn't recognize this experience as an answer to my prayers until afterwards. What are the odds that there would be someone at the same place at the same time as me that happens to speak my second favorite language? Incredible. Miracle!

But guess what, it happened again!!! It was Christmas night. I was saying my nightly personal prayer. I was in a bit of a slump..having enjoyed talking to my family, but missing them and the things happening at home. So I prayed again and asked God that I could again know for certain that I was still supposed to be serving as a missionary in the Florida Jacksonville mission. Then just the next day, my companion and I were meeting with a recent convert at Chick-fil-a. And I heard French again! This time with a Canadian accent! I went up and talked to the family in French and found out that they were from Montreal and were just passing through on their cruise boat and were in St. Augustine for just a few hours that day. I was able to talk to them about what I was doing as a missionary and why I was serving in Florida.

These are the only two times on my whole mission where I have been able to find a French speaker and use the talents that God has given me to reach out to them. Now if that's not a miracle, then I don't know what is.

I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and our needs. Sometimes we forget to just simply ASK for help and guidance and blessings. ASK and ye shall RECEIVE! (See Matthew 7:7-8).


There can be miracles when you believe in God.
 
Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment