Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Miracle 77: Open Our Spiritual Eyes

This life-saving miracle is from my darling oldest sister, my role model and other half. I am oh so grateful for this precious miracle. Enjoy.


Just this past December on a trip to Utah I experienced a very tangible miracle that left me shaken, but increasingly grateful that our Heavenly Father is mindful of His children. I was driving to visit friends for the holiday when a car lost control in another lane on the freeway. Every element of this situation promised an accident. I was driving too fast. I was on the phone. It was starting to snow, and there was slush and ice already on the road. Throw in that I was in an unfamiliar car, not to mention the unpredictability of the other drivers and the car that was spinning out of control.  

By the grace of God, I knew what to do, even in my fear and panic. I did not slam on my brakes though instinct said to do that as the car careened towards my lane. Instead I felt inspired to simply take my foot off the gas and move into the carpool lane just as the other car ended up facing the wrong direction in the lane I had just been in. When I was young I thought miracles were extraordinary and seemingly random acts of God – most of which happened when Jesus and the scriptural prophets walked the earth. The older I have gotten though, the more I have realized that miracles are happening all around us. The Spirit’s guidance at just the right moment saved me from a terrible accident and reminded me yet again, that God’s miracles are real. We just have to open our spiritual eyes and see.
 

There can be miracles when you believe in God.

 
Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins  and Sister-Jenessa Heckel or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! We would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment