Friday, March 14, 2014

Miracle 124: She Is Truly My Little Miracle

This darling miracle is from a father of 7 living in lovely Florida. They are my home away from home on my mission.


On May 7,2002 my wife gave birth to my first baby girl, Kelsey. She was so Beautiful and Healthy! Then on May 12th, less then a week later on Mothers Day, while I was cooking my wife a big dinner to celebrate the occasion, we watched Kelsey go from a healthy little newborn to an extremely sick little girl who was almost lifeless and vomiting bright green bile,also refusing to eat. My wife called PEDS after hours countless times just to have them say that there was no need to worry about it, that the nurses obviously didn't suction her nose and throat well enough after her delivery. They said to wait till the next day and the Pediatrician could see her. We knew something much worse was going on with her so we left very quickly and took her to the hospital. When we arrived there Kelsey wasn't opening her eyes and was very lethargic. They stuck us in a room and we prayed over her. 

As we looked at her we knew we were losing her. My wife at this point became panicked with fear, she left the room and grabbed a doctor by his arm and made him help us. As soon as this man seen the condition she was in he realized she was dying. The next thing we knew our room was packed with nurses and doctors. They surrounded Kelsey and pushed us out of the way. They gave her two spinal taps and she never flinched, she didn't blink her eye or move a finger. We were froze with fear. They had us call our family in to be with us. Then after running some quick tests they told us with such urgency that her bowels and intestines had wrapped around one another and it had poisoned her so severely they only gave her a 2% chance of survival. He then looked at us and my sister in laws and said that if the stomach bile was dead when he cut her little belly open that he would have to sew her back up and he would let us hold her until she passed. We couldn't believe our ears, we couldn't believe this was happening to us. This was my first baby girl, and this was happening on Mothers day when this baby was only five days old. We watched as they wheeled her away very quickly. We sat in the waiting room for an hour PRAYING that God would let us keep her. 

The phone rang in the waiting room...It was the doctor, he said the bile is alive but we are still working on her. I fell to my knees thanking God for this miracle baby he had blessed us with. My wife and I never left her side. When we did sleep it was only between shift changes and we would sleep in my truck, constantly watching the clock. Kelsey's bowels woke up on day 7! Then my wife was finally able to nurse her. She is truly my little miracle! I am so thankful for her, my life wouldn't be the same without my little girl! Kelsey is now 11 years old and in the 5th grade! I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the beautiful little girl he has blessed my life with. Eternally Grateful!


There will be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment