Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Miracle 121: Receiving a Peace

This powerful miracle is from a friend of mine currently living in California. His faith is stunning.


So I was a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been the happiest, most fulfilling time of my life. It was a God-sent blessing to be able to see (and become an active part of) the changes that people were making in their lives. Then I got sick. The vertigo was so bad that I could not stand straight. The hope was that I would have surgery in Peru and I would quickly get back to the work that I loved so much. That did not happen. It was decided that the procedure would be better done in the United States. Upon arrival I received the news from the doctor that surgery would only make my condition worse and there was nothing he could do. Only time would allow me to heal. The happiness and fulfillment that I so dearly loved was taken from me. So I am currently home, waiting to heal. 


And while I went through a time where I felt that my life held little meaning, I received a peace from the presence of God that He had a purpose for me. And though it has been hard, I realized that He needs me home more than as a missionary. I have seen the miracle of faith- the very faith that allowed me to glimpse at His plan for me.

There will be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins or like the When You Believe in God Facebook page! I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment