Thursday, October 31, 2013

Miracle 5: Inspired Dreams

This lovely miracle was actually written by my darling mother living in California. She's the mother of 5 children and is everything I want to be in life.

In April 1991 I had a dream about a baby girl.  At the time I was pregnant and I wondered if this new baby would be a girl.  Moving to Glenwillow Lane, closing the deal on the house which was a long story in and of itself, unpacking boxes, I forgot about the significance of the dream.  Still, I kept having a feeling that my last baby would be a girl.  On May 13, however, I delivered a healthy, bouncing baby boy whom we named Cameron Russell Hutchins.  As the weeks followed his birth, I felt strongly that he was certainly my last, especially since Ryan and Cameron were only one year and one week apart. But, what of this little girl in my dream?

As my mind turns towards the face and hair of the little girl, I can still see my dream.  I had been sleeping before waking up.  My eyes opened and I was on my side facing the mirrored closet doors.  In the reflection I thought I saw Juliann in the door frame of our bathroom walking across wearing a blue nightgown which had come with a matching doll nightgown.  I called out her name and got up to see why she was in our room, thinking all the while she was lost in our new house.  When I walked into the bathroom, she was not there.  Knowing there was only one way in, I knew she could not have slipped by me.  I walked down the hall into Juliann's room and she was sound asleep in a different nightgown.  Who was this other little girl I had seen?  

I know how important dreams are for I had seen my first baby girl before she was born wearing a white dress with red swiss dots.  Her face was not clear, but I knew she would be a girl though our doctor said we would a boy. Rick and I began to talk and pray about having more children as we carried on with our four at home. We were feeling we were done but the dream was always in the background.  We decided to go to the temple with our thoughts and prayers.  After an endowment session, we were asked to do sealings.  We were told to wait in a room and someone would come for us.  Another couple joined us.  As we were waiting we began talking with them.  They told us of their struggle to have children, how they sought a blessing to have children, and then how she was able to have many children.  No one ever came to get us to do sealings, but we know that we were in that room with that other couple to hear their story which allowed us to see Dad needed to give me a blessing and how in that blessing we knew then our family was not complete.

We again had a little baby coming and we felt certain it would be the little girl in my dream. How grateful we are to have been given all of our five children.

There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins. I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment