Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Miracle 3: Heavenly Peace

This darling miracle is from a 20-year-old college student attending Brigham Young University.

Last year was probably a year full of the most pain and confusion I had ever felt in my life. I couldn't understand why I was going through the things I was going through. And one night, as I prayed, brokenly, sadly, asking God what He wanted from me, asking Him to heal me, Elder Bednar's CES Fireside came on. And he asked me, "Do you have the faith NOT to be healed?" That question pierced my soul as I realized I had only trusted in God to make things go my way, not in God to do things for our good. And at that moment, I felt The Lord asking me the question, "Do you have the faith not to be healed?" And the answer, I found, was very simple. Yes. And in that instant, I felt peace radiate throughout my body. And I thought of two scriptures: D&C 78:18, and Isaiah 55:8-9. God is in the details of our lives. He loves us more than we can imagine. He has not forgotten us. And He gives us trials so that we will seek Him, and seek the miracles. And as He has said many times, "Seek and ye shall find." How true that is. I testify of that, and that God loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins. I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment