Friday, October 25, 2013

Miracle 1: Let the Challenge Begin.

I am a firm believer in miracles. For a year now I have been filling my journals with the moments where God's hand has been oh so present in my life just as the apostle, Henry B. Eyring, challenges us to do. I have learned over and over that miracles are real. God is there and is mindful of you.

And it's about time we all started appreciating and noticing these miracles in our lives and those surrounding us. So here's the plan...I am going to start us off on this miracle challenge and from there I am going to be collecting miracles written by anyone and everyone, no matter their religion, age, or nationality. One year from now on October 25, 2014, we are going to have 1000 miracles posted for the world to see. Miracles are abounding-God is there. Now open you eyes and "doubt not, but be believing (Mormon 9:27)." And start collecting miracles.

Miracle #1

My name is Jenessa Hutchins. I am currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Jacksonville, Florida. And my recent miracle has everything to do with my calling as a missionary.

Often we see miracles as a one-time occurrence, but at this time in my life, I've been able to appreciate this particular miracle over and over again.

As a missionary and representative of Christ, I have been awed day after day at the Lord's ability to use my twenty-year-old self to serve and love His children. I may be young and I may not know very much, but the power of God goes with me in my work everyday. He's there while I'm teaching a room full of people older and wiser than me and we all come out learning something new. He's there when a woman doesn't understand her purpose in life anymore and the Spirit whispers what I need to share with her from the scriptures. He's there when I'm pushed outside my comfort zone and talking to strangers about our Savior.

The beautiful and constant miracle in my life is that God has been able to use me as a tool to bring happiness to His precious children.

It's oh so simple: There can be miracles when you believe in God.

Have a miracle to share? Find me on Facebook: Sister-Jenessa Hutchins. I would love nothing more than to share your miracles with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment